To Henry M. Brackenridge
Monticello Sep. 20. 13.
Your favor of July 25. is just now recieved: and I have read with pleasure the account it gives of the antient mounds & fortifications in the Western country. I never before had an idea that they were so numerous. presuming the communication was meant for me in my relation with the Philosophical society, and deeming it well worthy their attention, I have forwarded it to them, and with my thanks for the information it contained, I pray you to accept the assurance of my great respect
PoC (DLC); at foot of text: “Mr H. M. Brackenridge. Baton rouge”; endorsed by TJ.
- American Philosophical Society; TJ forwards material to search
- antiquities; Indian burial mounds and fortifications search
- Brackenridge, Henry Marie; letters to search
- Brackenridge, Henry Marie; on Indian antiquities search
- Brackenridge, Henry Marie; TJ forwards letter of to American Philosophical Society search
- Indians; burial mounds and fortifications of search