From Brown & Robertson
Lynchburg Aug. 28th 1813.
Yours of yesterday we have received, covering a draft upon Messrs Gibson & Jefferson for Six hundred Dollars which will be passed to your order—
The whole of the articles ordered are sent except the Molasses which the servant could not carry
|B. & Robertson|
|[. . .]. Garland.|
RC (ViU: TJP); entirely in Garland’s hand; initial in signature illegible; addressed: “Thomas Jefferson Esqr Poplar Forrest”; endorsed by TJ as received 28 Aug. 1813 and so recorded in SJL.
- Brown & Robertson (Lynchburg firm); letters from search
- Brown & Robertson (Lynchburg firm); TJ’s account with search
- food; molasses search
- Garland, Mr.; employee of Brown & Robertson search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); payments made for TJ search
- groceries; purchased by TJ search
- molasses; provided to TJ search