To William Wirt
Monticello. Aug. 1. 13.
Th: Jefferson presents his friendly respects to mr Wirt, and incloses him an order on Gibson & Jefferson for 50.D. for the kindness of his services in the suit of Scott against him. he is anxious it should be forced on at the first calling that he may be rid of the obligation which the purchaser required of him. he salutes mr Wirt with friendship & respect.
PoC (MHi); dateline at foot of text; endorsed by TJ. Enclosure not found.
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); and legal services for TJ search
- Harrison, Samuel Jordan; and TJ’s land dispute with S. Scott search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; dispute with S. Scott search
- Scott, Samuel; TJ’s land dispute with search
- Wirt, William; and TJ’s land dispute with S. Scott search
- Wirt, William; letters to search