To Robert Richardson
Monticello. Aug. 1. 13.
Your favor of July 2. came to hand a few days ago and I am thankful to yourself as well as to mr Ross for the indulgence therein expressed as to the paiment for the castings which I should have made before. I counted on making it from the resource of my flour which I have usually sold in March. but the blockade has prevented & still prevents the sale. in the mean time another resource occurring has enabled me to inclose to mr Ross an order for the amount, being 66. D 50 C the amount of the bill and 6. months interest. should I have occasion for any other castings, I shall avail myself of the circumstance proffered by you of your furnace getting into blast.
PoC (MHi); at foot of text: “Mr Robert Richardson”; endorsed by TJ.
Richardson’s favor of july 2, recorded in SJL as received 8 July 1813 from the Oxford Iron Works, has not been found.
- Chesapeake Bay; British blockade of search
- flour; at Richmond search
- Poplar Forest (TJ’s Bedford Co. estate); chimney backs for search
- Richardson, Robert; and Oxford Iron Works search
- Richardson, Robert; letters from accounted for search
- Richardson, Robert; letters to search
- Ross, David; payments to search