From Randolph Jefferson
July 11 1813
I have sent the girl by Squire and hope she will answer to learn and should of sent her before but we have bin so very busy a bout my wheat that I could not spare a hand out of the field to bring her & would be very much oblige to you to put her under one of the grone hands to keep her in good order I suppose we may send for her in three or four weaks I would be glad you would let us know whether you Can come by we are all well heare my wife Joins me in love to the family
RC (ViU: TJP-CC); ellipsis in original; endorsed by TJ as received 11 July 1813 from Snowden and so recorded in SJL.
The girl was Randolph Jefferson’s slave Fanny.
- Fanny (R. Jefferson’s slave); trained to spin search
- Jefferson, Mitchie Ballow Pryor (TJ’s sister-in-law; Randolph Jefferson’s second wife); sends greetings to TJ search
- Jefferson, Randolph (TJ’s brother); letters from search
- Jefferson, Randolph (TJ’s brother); slaves of search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Family & Friends; relations with R. Jefferson search
- manufacturing, household; cloth search
- slaves; trained to spin search
- Squire (R. Jefferson’s slave) search