To Patrick Gibson
Monticello June 12. 13.
Yours of May 29. with 150.D. inclosed was duly recieved as is that also of June 5. I should not be for recieving the paiment of the monies for mr Mazzei before they are due on any other discount than of legal interest, say ½ per cent per month. I inclose you a letter I have recieved from mr Edmund Randolph, by which you will see that he executed our joint deed to mr Taylor on the 22d of May, five days after my signature, but as his execution of it must be certified by his court, and mine by the court of Albemarle there will be some delay before mr Taylor can recieve it; a delay the more uncertain as mr Randolph states that he was too unwell at that time to go to court.
The keg of Burr’s powder is recieved. it’s force by the eprouvette is 16. I had informed you that that of White was 7. & 9. the common store powder never exceeds 13. as far as I have seen. Mr Burr’s is the best I have ever bought in this state. but Dupont’s of Wilmington goes to 27. I am afraid I shall still have to call for more; however not, as I hope, till the unfortunate accident to Burr’s works will have been repaired. Accept the assurances of my friendly respect
PoC (CSmH: JF); at foot of text: “Mr Gibson”; endorsed by TJ as a letter to Gibson & Jefferson and so recorded in SJL. Enclosure: Edmund Randolph to TJ, 22 May 1813, not found, but recorded in SJL as received 4 June 1813 from Avonhill.
- Albemarle County Court, Va. search
- Burr, David Judson; explosion at gunpowder mill of search
- Burr, David Judson; gunpowder of search
- du Pont de Nemours, Eleuthère Irénée; gunpowder of search
- Gibson, Patrick; and currency for TJ search
- Gibson, Patrick; and gunpowder for TJ search
- Gibson, Patrick; and P. Mazzei’s Richmond property search
- Gibson, Patrick; letters to search
- gunpowder; quality of search
- gunpowder; sent to TJ search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; and P. Mazzei’s property search
- Mazzei, Philip; Richmond property of search
- Randolph, Edmund; and P. Mazzei’s property search
- Randolph, Edmund; health of search
- Randolph, Edmund; letters from accounted for search
- Richmond, Va.; P. Mazzei’s property in search
- Taylor, Thomas; and P. Mazzei’s Richmond property search
- White, T.; and gunpowder for TJ search