To Peter Minor
Monticello Jan. 20. 13.
Mr Watson’s 50.D. were recieved in August last mr Divers’s a couple of months after; I expected daily to have recieved mr Hudson’s and Capt Meriwether’s which would have closed this business as far as I have undertaken it, and to have remitted the whole at once. my long absence since in Bedford has prevented my seeing those gentlemen. but without further waiting I shall by this post desire messrs Gibson & Jefferson to pay the hundred Dollars of messrs Watson & Divers into the bank, and must leave the two other gentlemen to remit theirs themselves, so that my order may close it as to myself. Accept the assurances of my great esteem & respect.
RC (DLC: David Watson Papers); addressed: “Peter Minor esq. Ridgway”; endorsed by Minor: “Th: Jefferson.” PoC (MHi); endorsed by TJ.
TJ received David watson’s $50 subscription to aid William McClure on 18 august last and George divers’s on 24 Oct. 1812 (MB description begins James A. Bear Jr. and Lucia C. Stanton, eds., Jefferson’s Memorandum Books: Accounts, with Legal Records and Miscellany, 1767–1826, 1997, The Papers of Thomas Jefferson, Second Series description ends , 2:1282, 1283).
- Divers, George; and W. McClure’s debts search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); and subscriptions for W. McClure search
- Hudson, Christopher; and W. McClure’s debts search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; subscribes to pay W. McClure’s debts search
- McClure (McLure), William; debts of search
- Meriwether, William Douglas; and W. McClure’s debts search
- Minor, Peter; and W. McClure’s debts search
- Minor, Peter; letters to search
- subscriptions, non-publication; to pay W. McClure’s debts search
- Watson, David; and W. McClure’s debts search