From Samuel Pleasants
Richmond Nov. 13, 1812.
Your favor of the 7th inst. came to hand this morning—Agreeably thereto, I have left with Mr Higginbotham of this place a copy of Mason’s Pocket Companion, to be forwarded to you by Mr D. Higginbotham. I regret extremely that all the copies of Hutton’s Mathematics had been disposed of previously to the receipt of your letter—Nor can I procure one from any of the Stores in town. I will however endeavour to procure a copy from the North as soon as possible and send it to you without delay. With great respect and esteem, your Obt Servt
RC (MHi); at foot of text: “Thomas Jefferson, Esquire”; endorsed by TJ as received 17 Dec. 1812 and so recorded in SJL.
- A Course of Mathematics (C. Hutton) search
- books; on horses search
- books; on mathematics search
- Higginbotham, David; forwards books to TJ search
- horses; books on search
- Hutton, Charles; A Course of Mathematics search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; works sent to search
- Mason, Richard; The Gentleman’s New Pocket Companion search
- mathematics; books on search
- Pleasants, Samuel; and books for TJ search
- Pleasants, Samuel; letters from search
- The Gentleman’s New Pocket Companion (Mason) search