To James Leitch
Monticello Oct. 13. 12.
I avail myself of your kind offer by requesting you to procure for me the articles noted below and I inclose you according to promise a draught on Gibson & Jefferson for one hundred dollars which I am in hopes you will be able to make answer your Northern purposes. accept my wishes for a good journey & the assurance of my esteem & respect.
PoC (MHi); adjacent to signature: “ Mr Leitch”; endorsed by TJ. Enclosure not found.
- baize search
- carriages; plating for search
- corks; velvet search
- everlasting (fabric) search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); and household articles acquired by TJ search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); and TJ’s bank and promissory notes search
- household articles; corks search
- huckaback (fabric) search
- Leitch, James; letters to search
- Leitch, James; TJ orders goods from search
- textiles; baize search
- textiles; everlasting search
- textiles; huckaback search