From Gideon Granger
General Post office June 24th. 1811
A few days past I rec’d your note acknowledgeing the receipt of my late list of Post offices, which was transmitted without my knowledge and in consequence of my suggesting a determination to furnish you, as I now do, by the volume herewith transmitted, a complete view of the present state of this Department.
RC (DLC); in a clerk’s hand, signed by Granger; at foot of text: “Thomas Jefferson Esqr late President of the United States”; endorsed by TJ as received 30 June 1811 and so recorded in SJL. Enclosure: Table of Post Offices in the United States, with their distances from Washington City, and the names of the post-masters (Washington, 1811).
TJ’s brief note from Monticello, 7 June 1811, thanked Granger for “his new pamphlet of the Post offices” and described it as “a most valuable Manual” (PoC at DLC; endorsed by TJ).
- Granger, Gideon; and table of U.S. post offices search
- Granger, Gideon; as postmaster general search
- Granger, Gideon; letters from search
- Granger, Gideon; letters to accounted for search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; works sent to search
- Post Office, U.S.; Table of Post Offices in the United States search
- Table of Post Offices in the United States search