To Dudley Richardson
Monticello May 11. 11.
Your favor of Mar. 4. is at hand. I have recieved no letter from your son Richard since my last communication to you, altho I have no doubt the letters I forwarded to him went safely to him, as I got the Secretary of state to inclose them in his own dispatches to the Agent of the US. in Jamaica. the difficulty of getting letters from thence by private conveyances, and the numbers which miscarry, sufficiently account for our not hearing from your son but at long intervals. be assured that any letters from him which come to me shall always be forwarded to you without delay; you may therefore safely consider your recieving no information as evidence that I have recieved none. Accept my best wishes & respects
PoC (MHi); at foot of text: “Mr Dudley Richardson”; endorsed by TJ.
William Savage was the United States agent at Kingston, jamaica.
- Jamaica; TJ forwards letter to search
- Richardson, Dudley; inquires about son search
- Richardson, Dudley; letters to search
- Richardson, Richard; and G. Richardson search
- Savage, William Henry; as U.S. agent at Jamaica search
- Smith, Robert; secretary of state search
- State Department, U.S.; forwards letters search