To Samuel J. Harrison
Monticello Mar. 18. 11.
As I understood it would be more convenient to you to make the second paiment for the land purchased of me & due the 1st prox. in Richmond, and it is1 as convenient for me to recieve it there, the object of this letter is to pray you to place the money there in the hands of Messrs Gibson & Jefferson which shall be equivalent to paiment to myself. Accept the assurance of my respect.
PoC (ViU: TJP); at foot of text: “Mr Samuel J. Harrison”; endorsed by TJ.
In Lynchburg on 25 Mar. 1811 Harrison acknowledged this letter and wrote that that day he would direct gibson & jefferson to pay $1,333.33 to TJ’s order “on the 1st Day of next month” (RC in MHi; endorsed by TJ as received 10 Apr. 1811 and so recorded in SJL).
1. Preceding two words interlined.
- Campbell County, Va.; TJ sells Ivy Creek tract in search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); and TJ’s real estate search
- Harrison, Samuel Jordan; buys land from TJ search
- Harrison, Samuel Jordan; letters from accounted for search
- Harrison, Samuel Jordan; letters to search
- Ivy Creek (Campbell Co.); TJ sells lands on search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; sells land to S. J. Harrison search