From John Graham
Dept of State 15th January 1811.
Having been repeatedly called off since I undertook1 to make a Copy of the inclosed “Chronological series of Facts relative to Louisiana” for the use of this Dept I could not get it finished until this Moment.
Having finished it, I hasten to send you the Paper in your own hand writing not doubting that you will prefer it to a Copy taken from it.
RC (DLC); at foot of text: “Thomas Jefferson Esqr”; endorsed by TJ as received 20 Jan. 1811 and so recorded in SJL. Enclosure: TJ’s Chronology of Territorial Claims in Louisiana, [ca. 31 Aug. 1803] (PTJ description begins Julian P. Boyd, Charles T. Cullen, John Catanzariti, Barbara B. Oberg, and others, eds., The Papers of Thomas Jefferson, 1950– , 31 vols. description ends , 41:323–9).
1. Manuscript: “undertood.”
- Graham, John; and “Chronological Series of Facts Relative to Louisiana,” search
- Graham, John; letters from search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Writings; Chronological Series of Facts Relative to Louisiana search
- Louisiana (Spanish and French colony); “Chronological Series of Facts relative to Louisiana” (Jefferson) search
- State Department, U.S.; “Chronological Series of Facts relative to Louisiana,” search
- “Chronological Series of Facts relative to Louisiana” (Thomas Jefferson) search