To George Jefferson
Monticello Oct. 16. 10
I now dispatch a cart for the two ewes you have been so kind as to select for me, and I will thank you for a line designating which is the Paular and which of the Aquirrez breed. the bearer James takes with him provisions for them on their journey. I should be glad he could be dispatched immediately. he will be a safe hand to bring the box of silver goblets. when shall we see you?
P.S. I think there has been published a 2d vol. of the Collection of laws of Virginia printed by Pleasants. I have the 1st and will thank you to procure and send me the 2d by the bearer.
PoC (Mrs. Paul W. Howle, Richmond, 1944; photocopy in DLC: TJ Papers, ser. 10); adjacent to signature: “Mr Jefferson”; endorsed by TJ.
William W. Hening’s compilation of The Statutes at Large; being a Collection of all the Laws of Virginia, 13 vols. (Richmond, 1809–23; Sowerby, description begins E. Millicent Sowerby, comp., Catalogue of the Library of Thomas Jefferson, 1952–59, 5 vols. description ends no. 1863; Poor, Jefferson’s Library description begins Nathaniel P. Poor, Catalogue. President Jefferson’s Library  description ends , 10 [no. 573]), was published, in part, by Samuel pleasants.
- A Collection of all such Acts of the General Assembly of Virginia, of a public and permanent nature, as are now in force (S. Pleasants) search
- carts; to transport sheep search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); and animals acquired by TJ search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); and books acquired by TJ search
- Hening, William Waller; The Statutes at Large search
- James (TJ’s slave); brings sheep from Richmond search
- Jefferson, George (TJ’s cousin); and Jefferson Cups search
- Jefferson, George (TJ’s cousin); and merino sheep search
- Jefferson, George (TJ’s cousin); letters to search
- Jefferson Cups search
- Le Tellier, John; and Jefferson Cups search
- merino sheep; Aguirre breed search
- merino sheep; sent to TJ and J. Madison search
- Pleasants, Samuel; A Collection of all such Acts of the General Assembly of Virginia, of a public and permanent nature, as are now in force search
- The Statutes at Large (W. W. Hening); publication of search