Statement of Balance due to Wakelin Welch
A statement of the bonds given to Cary & Welsh. 1797 Jan 20.
|1st bond paiable July 1.||1798. Principal||£300.||with interest at 5. per cent from|
|2d do||1799||300.||1796 Dec. being my part of mr Wayles’s|
|4th||1801.||150.||int. from 93. Aug. 26. a debt of my own|
Paiments made in discharge of the above.
|1797.||May 29.||by Francis Eppes on my account||£36.|
|98.||Oct. 1.||by myself||300.|
PoC (MHi); entirely in TJ’s hand; undated; conjoined with PoC of covering letter. Dft (MHi); entirely in TJ’s hand; undated; with recto containing calculations as given in MS, and verso calculating the balance due using an aggregate technique and arriving at a higher balance due of £770.10.7, a number comparable to that arrived at by Littleton W. Tazewell (see enclosure to Tazewell to TJ, 3 July 1810).
1. The section above and what follows are reversed on recto of Dft.
- Eppes, Francis (TJ’s brother-in-law); and TJ’s account with W. Welch search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; account with W. Welch search
- Tazewell, Littleton Waller; and TJ’s account with W. Welch search
- Wayles, John (TJ’s father-in-law); and TJ’s account with W. Welch search
- Welch, Wakelin; TJ’s account with search