To Joseph Darmsdatt
Monticello July 9. 10.
I recieved last night yours of the 6th. the price for the fish is indeed very high; and discouraging; but the necessity of it is still stronger. I will therefore desire you to send me a dozen barrels, one half to Milton, the other half to Lynchburg according to my former letter. I am Sir
PoC (MHi); at foot of text: “Mr Joseph Darmsdatt”; endorsed by TJ.
- Darmsdatt, Joseph; and fish for TJ search
- Darmsdatt, Joseph; letters to search
- fish; herring search
- food; herring search
- herring; TJ orders search
- Lynchburg, Va.; fish shipped to search
- Milton, Va.; TJ orders fish shipped to search
- Monticello (TJ’s estate); fish for search
- Poplar Forest (TJ’s Bedford Co. estate); fish for search