From Samuel J. Harrison
Lynchbg April 3. 1810
I am sorry it has not been in my power to Wait on you agreeable to my promise to Mr Griffin.
The Boy brings you a Letter from Mr McCleland advising, I believe, that he has Changed the Day for Trying the Title of the Land to Friday; on which Day if possible I will meet you—If the Jury Should Declare the Land yours, I would Suggest the propriety of your having somebody ready to put in possession, as I have no Doubt but Scott (who puts all Law at Defiance) will Endeavor to regain it, Immideately, by force—
I Shall hold myself ready to make the first paymt if I am advis’d, it would be right, under the Incumbrance, to do So.—
S J Harrison
RC (MHi); endorsed by TJ as received 3 Apr. 1810 and so recorded in SJL.
- Griffin, Burgess; Poplar Forest overseer search
- Harrison, Samuel Jordan; and TJ’s land dispute with S. Scott search
- Harrison, Samuel Jordan; buys land from TJ search
- Harrison, Samuel Jordan; letters from search
- Ivy Creek (Campbell Co.); S. Scott claims TJ’s land on search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; dispute with S. Scott search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; sells land on Ivy Creek search
- McCleland, Thomas Stanhope; and TJ’s land dispute with S. Scott search
- Scott, Samuel; TJ’s land dispute with search