Questions arising on the application of France for 3. millions of
livres to be sent in Provisions to France.
- 1. Has the Legislature furnished the money?
- 2. is that money in it’s place, or has it been withdrawn for other purposes?
- 3. if it has, should we not take the first proper occasion of rectifying the transaction by repaying the money to those for whom the law provided it?
- 4. is the application from France for an arrearage, or an advance?
- 5. have we money any where at command to answer this call?
- 6. if we have not, should we not procure it by loan under the act for borrowing 12. Millions?
- Whether and How far we may venture to pay in advance?
Feb. 12. 1793.