8th. Left Phila. for Mt. Vernon. Dined at Chester & lodged at Wilmington.
9. Breakfasted at Christiana dined at Elkton & lodged at Charles town.
10. Breakfasted at Susquehanna (Mrs. Rogers’s) dined at Hartford & lo[d]ged at Websters.
11. Breakfasted at Baltimore. Dined & lodged at Spurriers.
12. Breakfasted at Van Horns. Dined at Bladensburgh & lodged at George Town.
13. Breakfasted in George Town and reached Mt. Vernon to dinner.
25. Went to Alexandria. Dined with Mr. & Mrs. Lear.
Tobias Lear’s first wife, Mary Long Lear, had died in 1793, and Lear in early August 1795 married Fanny Bassett Washington (Columbian Mirror [Alexandria], 6 Aug. 1795), widow of GW’s nephew George Augustine Washington, who had also died in 1793.
26. Returned home to dinner.