Remarks—on the—Weather [October 1768]
Octr. 1. Clear and pleasant. Still forenoon but brisk Southwestwardly Wind afterwds.
2. Clear, Warm, & Still in the forenoon, a small Southwardly breeze in the Afternoon.
4. Brisk Southwestwardly Wind & warm with flying Clouds.
5. Rain in the Night—& in the Morning—clear abt. 8 Oclock with showers afterwards with the Wind westwardly & cool.
6. Clear & cool. Wind brisk from West.
7. Clear with but little Wind—& that Southwardly.
8. Clear with a fresh No. West breeze in the morning, but still afterwards.
9. Cloudy with appearances of much Rain—but none fell. Wind Southwardly in the Morng. & westwardly & cool afterwds.
10. Cool in the Morng. Moderate Afterwds. with little Wind.
11. A Frost this Morning to bite Fodder. Calm & warm forenoon. Brisk So. Westwardly wind & like for Rain in the Afternn.
12. Clear and cool morning. Wind fresh at No. West. Calm afternoon & warm.
13. Clear and cool. Wind still at No. West—in the Evening Eastwardly.
14. Calm and warm forenoon. Cloudy afternoon with appearances of Rain.
15. Foggy & Misty Morning. Warm, clear, & still afterwards.
16. Cloudy with the Wind Northwardly—then cold & Chilly—with appearances of Rain.
17. Cold Rain & disagreeable, with the Wind abt. No. East.
18. A severe frost this Morning—but Calm clear & warm day.
19. Calm, clear, & Warm forenoon, but lowering afternoon.
21. A good deal of Rain in the Night & more or less till 9 or 10 Oclock then clear with the Wind Westwardly.
22. Clear and pleasant with a small Southwardly breeze.
24. Clear with the Wind Southwardly & Warm.
25. Foggy Morng. & Clouds—with a good deal of Rain in the Afternoon & night from No. East.
26. Clear & cool Wind brisk from the Westward.
27. Cold & clear. Wind abt. No. West.
28. Less cold Wind being at So. West & clear.
29. Warmer still. Wind continuing Southwardly & the weather clear.
30. Clear and very cool morning. Wind Westwardly. Afternoon Mild.
31. Mild Wind Southwardly and Clear.