4. Put up 4 Hogs for forwd. Bacon at R[iver] Side.
GW had left Mount Vernon for Frederick County 3 Oct. and did not return until eight days later (GW to George W. Fairfax, 30 Oct. 1762, PHi: Dreer Collection).
12. Sowed Rye at Muddy hole.
13. Sowed Rye at Muddy hole.
18. Planted 4 Nuts of the Medateranean Pine in Garden close by the Brick Ho[use].
23. At Night set fire to brick Kiln.
|Put up||at||Muddy hole||21||hogs|
|at||Ditto from Mill||16|
27. Stopd Kiln holes about 2 oclock.
Ned Violette moved off for Frederick & John Alton to Muddy hole.
30. Sowed 3 pints of Timothy Seed below my Meadow at Ashfords.
Note—A small part on the So. West Side not broke up, but very light notwithstanding.