To William Duane
Monticello June 19. 17.
Th: Jefferson with his compliments to Genl Duane incloses him 5 Dollars to be placed to his Aurora account, which he believ[es] has been heretofore paid up to May 1. 1817. he salutes him with continued esteem and respect.
PoC (DLC); on verso of reused address cover of John Vaughan to TJ, 2 June 1817; dateline at foot of text; with one word faint and one number rewritten by TJ for clarity; endorsed by TJ, with his additional notation: “newspapers.”
- Aurora (Philadelphia newspaper); TJ’s subscription to search
- Duane, William; letters to search
- Duane, William; TJ’s account with search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; and newspaper subscriptions search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; account with W. Duane search
- newspapers; PhiladelphiaAurora search
- newspapers; subscriptions to, by TJ search
- Philadelphia; Aurora search
- subscriptions, for publications; newspapers search