From LeRoy, Bayard & Company
Newyork the 20t May 1817.
|by Mr Patrick Gibson of Richmond which we credit against the first bond due by you to Mess. N. & J & R Van Staphorst $1000. with Interest to 31 Decr 1815||$2083.20||$2000.|
|add interest to this day 16⅔ mo @ 6%||173.59||.||2256.79|
|leaving due on the 1t bond value this day||$ 256.79.|
|and on the||7 May 1818 $2083.20||with Interest|
|7 May 1819 $2083.20|
@ 6% annum from 1 Jany 1816 Till discharged being in conformity with what agreed our respect of 7 Aug. last. We have the honor to Salute with high consideration Sir Your hb St
LeRoy Bayard & Co
RC (DLC); in the hand of a representative of LeRoy, Bayard, & Company; between dateline and salutation: “The Honble Tho Jefferson, Monticello”; endorsed by TJ as received 28 May 1817 and so recorded in SJL.
- Gibson, Patrick; payments made for TJ search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; debt to N. & J. & R. van Staphorst search
- LeRoy, Bayard & Company (New York firm); and TJ’s debt to N. & J. & R. van Staphorst search
- LeRoy, Bayard & Company (New York firm); letters from search
- Staphorst, N. & J. & R. van; TJ’s debt to search