From Henry A. S. Dearborn
Custom House Boston May 1. 1817.—
I received a letter from the U.S. Consul Th. Appleton Esqr at Leghorn & a package containing he says some valuable grass seeds for you by the ship Heroine, which I shall send to the Collector at Richmond by the first coaster which will be in a few1 days.
I shall write the Collector to hold the package subject to your order.
H, A, S, Dearborn
I have this day sent the within mentioned package to the Colr of Richmond by the Schooner Little William J. Gage.
May 1. 1817.
RC (DLC); lacking postscript; endorsed by TJ as a letter from “Dearborn ? Boston” received 12 May 1817 and so recorded in SJL. RC (MHi); address cover and postscript only; with PoC of TJ to Craven Peyton, 28 June 1817, on verso; addressed: “Thomas Jefferson Esqr Monticello Virginia”; franked; postmarked Boston, 2 May.
The collector at richmond was James Gibbon.
1. Manuscript: “fiew.”
- Appleton, Thomas; and seeds for TJ search
- Dearborn, Henry Alexander Scammell; and seeds for TJ search
- Dearborn, Henry Alexander Scammell; letters from search
- Gage, J. (schooner captain) search
- Gibbon, James; and seeds for TJ search
- Heroine (ship) search
- Little William (schooner) search
- sainfoin search
- seeds; sainfoin search