To Peter Minor
Monticello Mar. 30. 17.
The inclosed letter to Majr Watson is to request him to meet the visitors of our proposed college here on the day or evening before our next court (Monday) that by an evening’s conference together we may come to an understanding of what should be done at our formal meeting which is to be at Charlottesville the next day Tuesday. Can you contrive it in time, or give it such a direction as, being left by the bearer, on his return, at the Charlottesville post office, will ensure Majr Watson’s getting it in time.
I ask the favor of you to read the inclosed, addressed to mr Dabney Minor. it’s length being too much for the stay of the bearer I will count on your being so good as to send it to mr Minor as soon as you have read it, that he may have time to do the same before Jefferson shall have called. Your’s with great esteem and respect
PoC (MHi); on verso of reused address cover of Smith & Riddle to TJ, 20 Feb. 1817; mutilated at seal, with missing text rewritten by TJ; at foot of text: “Peter Minor esq.”; endorsed by TJ. Enclosures: (1) TJ to David Watson, 30 Mar. 1817, and enclosure. (2) TJ’s Bill of Complaint against the Rivanna Company, [by 9 Feb. 1817].
jefferson: Thomas Jefferson Randolph.
- Central College, Board of Visitors; meetings of search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Writings; Bill of Complaint inJefferson v. Rivanna Company search
- Jefferson v. Rivanna Company; TJ’s bill of complaint in search
- Minor, Dabney; and Rivanna Company search
- Minor, Peter; and Central College search
- Minor, Peter; and Rivanna Company search
- Minor, Peter; letters to search
- Randolph, Thomas Jefferson (TJ’s grandson; Jane Hollins Nicholas Randolph’s husband); mentioned search
- Rivanna Company; directors of search