From John Barnes
George Town 28th feby 1817.
Your Esteemed favr 17th Acknowledgs Recpt of the Certificates of Genl Kosciusko’s 6 Ct as well Bank Stock of Columbia—as specified—And now inclose you Copy of the form required—for you to Execute—in Order—to my receiving1 the quarterly Interest, on the former—for the dividend on the Bank Stock—I trust is already satisfactory—adjusted—with Referance to the Genls ℀—I purpose soon as the Navigation & Opportunity presents, to forward Duplicates thereof to the good Genl—lest yours—may not have reached him—
RC (ViU: TJP-ER); endorsed by TJ as received 5 Mar. 1817 and so recorded in SJL. RC (MHi); address cover only; with PoC of TJ to Fernagus De Gelone, 31 Mar. 1817, on verso; addressed: “Thomas Jefferson, Esqr Monticello—Virginia”; franked; postmarked Georgetown, 1 Mar.
1. Manuscript: “reciving.”
- Bank of Columbia search
- banks; in Georgetown, D.C. search
- Barnes, John; and T. Kosciuszko’s American investments search
- Barnes, John; letters from search
- Barnes, John; TJ’s power of attorney to search
- Georgetown, D.C.; banks in search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; and T. Kosciuszko’s American investments search
- Kosciuszko, Tadeusz (Thaddeus) Andrzej Bonawentura; and investment in U.S. government loan search
- Kosciuszko, Tadeusz (Thaddeus) Andrzej Bonawentura; Bank of Columbia stock of search
- Treasury Department, U.S.; and government stock search
- United States; and government stock search