From David Higginbotham
Richmond 22nd Feby 1817
Some time ago you Said you had Some idea of painting your house again, we have now on hand the best English white Lead and Spanish brown ground in oil in quarter kegs, the price will be $4½ keg for the former and $3 keg for the latter, should you want any you can write me, our markets are Steady Flour $14 and dull Tobo from $7. to 12 in demand.
RC (MHi); endorsed by TJ as received <
6> 5 Mar. 1817. Recorded in SJL as received 5 Mar. 1817. RC (MHi); address cover only; with PoC of TJ to William D. Taylor, 1 Apr. 1817, on verso; addressed: “Thomas Jefferson Esquire Monticello”; franked; postmarked Richmond, 25 Feb.
- building materials; paint search
- flour; at Richmond search
- Higginbotham, David; and paint for TJ search
- Higginbotham, David; as merchant search
- Higginbotham, David; letters from search
- Monticello (TJ’s Albemarle Co. estate); paint for search
- paint search
- Richmond, Va.; flour prices at search
- Richmond, Va.; tobacco prices at search
- tobacco; price of in Richmond search