From Elisha Ticknor
Boston, 1st Nov. 1816.
I inclose you a letter and an Invoice of a parcel of Books, received yesterday from my son, in the Ship Cordelia from Hamburg. On receiving the Books, which will probably be in the course of eight or ten days, I will as soon as possible reship them to Messrs Gibson and Jefferson, your Correspondents in Richmond. As soon as I can get at the amount of duties, freight &c. I will forward it to you, and also, to Messrs Gibson and Jefferson.
RC (MHi); endorsed by TJ as received 21 Nov. 1816 and so recorded in SJL. RC (MHi); address cover only; with PoC of TJ to Archibald Thweatt, 14 Jan. 1817, on recto and verso; addressed: “Honorable Thomas Jefferson, Monticello, Virginia”; franked; postmarked Boston, 3 Nov. Enclosure: George Ticknor to TJ, 10 July 1816. Other enclosure not found.
- boats; transfer goods to and from Richmond search
- Cordelia (ship) search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); and books acquired by TJ search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); payments made for TJ search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; works sent to search
- Richmond, Va.; boats transfer goods to and from search
- Ticknor, Elisha; and books for TJ search
- Ticknor, Elisha; forwards letters to and from TJ search
- Ticknor, Elisha; letters from search