To William D. Meriwether
Poplar Forest Oct. 30. 16.
I recieve this instant, and at this place your letter of the 17th the property of the three younger children of Bennet Henderson decd sold to me by their guardians, paid for while they were under age, and of which I am possessed, I am ready to give up, in consequence of their refusing confirmation; and I left directions accordingly with my grandson on leaving home. I will also pay any rents legally due thereon from me; and if we differ in opinion as to what rents are due I will concur in referring the decision to two or more disinterested persons as you propose. I tender you the assurance of my respects.
RC (PWacD: Sol Feinstone Collection, on deposit PPAmP); addressed: “Capt William D. Meriwether Albemarle.” PoC (MHi); on verso of a reused address cover from TJ to Thomas Appleton; endorsed by TJ.
- Henderson, Bennett; lands of search
- Henderson, Elizabeth Lewis (Bennett Henderson’s wife); and sale of Henderson lands search
- Henderson, James L.; and Henderson estate search
- Henderson case; claims by minor heirs search
- Henderson case; TJ purchases Henderson estate search
- Hornsby, Frances Henderson (Bennett Henderson’s daughter; Thomas Walker Hornsby’s wife); and Milton lands search
- Meriwether, William Douglas; and Henderson case search
- Meriwether, William Douglas; letters to search
- Nelson, Nancy Crawford Henderson (Bennett Henderson’s daughter; Matthew Nelson’s wife); and Milton lands search
- Randolph, Thomas Jefferson (TJ’s grandson; Jane Hollins Nicholas Randolph’s husband); and Henderson case search
- rent; due from Henderson lands search
- Wood, Lucy Henderson (Bennett Henderson’s daughter; John T. Wood’s wife); and Milton lands search