To John F. Watson, with Watson’s Receipt
Monticello June 2. 16.
I had recieved the 9th vol. of the Edinb. Review some days ago, and yesterday the 10th came to hand, with your favor of May 24.1 and in compliance with that I now inclose you a 5. Dollar note of the bank of Virginia, and salute you with esteem and respect.
Recd Germantown June 7. 1816 from Thomas Jefferson Esqr Five dollars in full for the 9 & 10 Vols of the Edinbg Review
John F. Watson
RC (DLC); in TJ’s hand adjacent to his signature: “Mr John F. Watson”; with subjoined receipt in Watson’s hand; addressed by Watson: “Thomas Jefferson Esqre Monticello Va”; franked; postmarked Germantown, 11 June; endorsed by TJ as a “rect for 9. & 10. Ed. review” received 19 June 1816. FC (DLC); entirely in TJ’s hand; lacking salutation and subjoined receipt; edge torn; endorsed by TJ: “Watson John F. June 2. 16.”
1. Reworked from “27.”
- Edinburgh Review; and J. F. Watson search
- Edinburgh Review; TJ subscribes to search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; works sent to search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; account with J. F. Watson search
- Watson, John Fanning; as bookseller search
- Watson, John Fanning; letters to search
- Watson, John Fanning; payments to search
- Watson, John Fanning; receipt from search