Transfer of Power of Attorney for Giovanni Battista Fancelli from Thomas Jefferson to Robert Saunders
To Robert Saunders esq. Attorney at law. William[sburg]
By virtue of the power and authority vested in me by Giovan Batista Fancelli of the city of Florence in Tuscan[y] for the settlement and reciept of the goods chattels and effects whereof Charles Bellini late of the College of Wm & Mary died possessed, the right to which having passed to Luisa Bellini, only surviving sister of the sd Charles but now deceased1 were by her bequeat[h]ed to the sd Giovan Batista Fancelli, I hereby appoint you Attorney with full powers2 to settle the administration accounts of the goods & chattels of the sd Charles and to recover and recieve the same or their proceeds in money, and for the same to give full and valid reciepts and discharges,3 hereby confirming whatever you shall do in that behalf. Witness my hand this 25th day of December 1815.
PoC (DLC); on verso of reused address cover to TJ; with some text along right margin missing due to polygraph misalignment.
1. Preceding three words interlined.
2. Preceding three words interlined.
3. Preceding two words interlined.
- Bellini, Charles (Carlo Maria Marchionne); estate of search
- Bellini, Luisa (Louisa; Maria Luisa Eleonora); and C. Bellini estate search
- Fancelli, Giovanni Battista; and C. Bellini estate search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; and C. Bellini estate search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Writings; Transfer of Power of Attorney for Giovanni Battista Fancelli from Thomas Jefferson to Robert Saunders search
- Saunders, Robert; and C. Bellini estate search