To John Bracken
Monticello Oct. 23. 15.
In a late letter from mr Mazzei I have recieved inclosed a power of Attorney from the representatives of th[e]1 late mr Bellini for the settlement of the administration of his affairs and remitment of the proceeds. my distance rendering it impracticable for myself, I have thought it would be for your convenience also to engage some person in your neighborhood to attend to this. I have therefore requested of mr Robert Saunders to undertake it which if he consents to do, I will fill up the power of attorney [wit]h his name so that you may be placed on sure ground in what is done by him, by this regular sanction. Accept the assura[nces] of my esteem and respect.
PoC (DLC); on verso of reused address cover of Louis Philippe Gallot de Lormerie to TJ, 22 Aug. 1815; torn at seal, with one missing word rewritten by TJ; at foot of text: “The revd mr Bracken”; endorsed by TJ.
1. Word faint.
- Bellini, Charles (Carlo Maria Marchionne); estate of search
- Bracken, John; and C. Bellini estate search
- Bracken, John; letters to search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; and C. Bellini estate search
- Mazzei, Philip; letters from mentioned search
- Saunders, Robert; and C. Bellini estate search