From James Penn (for Archibald Robertson)
Lynchburg, september 29th, 1815
I have received yours of this date enclosing a draft on Gibson & Jefferson for $387. You will find, by examining your statement, a Small error in the addition The different orders mentioned, only two of which have been yet1 presented, amount to $386.98 instead of $368.98; the other three will be attended to with pleasure upon application. Wrought nails of the description you wanted, could not be precured, I have therefore sent cuts.
J Penn for A Robertson
RC (MHi); in Penn’s hand; at foot of text: “Mr Thomas Jefferson”; endorsed by TJ as a letter from Robertson received 29 Sept. 1815 and so recorded in SJL.
1. Word interlined.
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); payments made for TJ search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; account with A. Robertson search
- nails; purchased by TJ search
- Penn, James (1794–1870); clerk for A. Robertson search
- Penn, James (1794–1870); letters from search
- Robertson, Archibald; account with TJ search
- Robertson, Archibald; and nails for TJ search
- Robertson, Archibald; letters from search