V. Bill for Food at a Tavern in Liberty, Virginia
[17 Sept. 1815]
|Mr Jefersons Bill|
MS (MHi); written on a small scrap in an unidentified hand; undated; endorsed by TJ at foot of text: “1815. Sep. 17. Liberty”; with unidentified map in pencil by TJ on verso.
On 17 Sept. 1815 TJ recorded spending $0.93 for dinner in Liberty (MB description begins James A. Bear Jr. and Lucia C. Stanton, eds., Jefferson’s Memorandum Books: Accounts, with Legal Records and Miscellany, 1767–1826, 1997, The Papers of Thomas Jefferson, Second Series description ends , 2:1313).
- food; tavern charges for search
- horses; tavern charges for search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; bill from Liberty, Va., tavern search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Travels; tavern bills search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Travels; to Liberty search
- Liberty, Va.; taverns in search
- slaves; tavern charges for search
- taverns; bills from search