From Hezekiah Niles
Balt. June 30. 1815
The president[’s messa]ge communicating the disclosures of Henry [was printed in?] no 28, page 19, vol 2, of the Reg. But [I take?] pleasure to enclose no 29, which is missing [. . .].
RC (DLC); mutilated at fold; endorsed by TJ as received 5 July 1815. Enclosure: Baltimore Weekly Register 2, no. 29 (21 Mar. 1812).
The Baltimore Weekly Register 2, no. 28 (14 Mar. 1812), devoted most of its space to the activities of the alleged British spy John henry. For President James Madison’s 9 Mar. 1812 message to Congress on the subject, which appeared on pp. 19–20, see Madison, Papers, Pres. Ser., 4:235–6.
- Baltimore, Md.; newspapers search
- Congress, U.S.; J. Madison’s messages to search
- Henry, John; mission of search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; and newspaper subscriptions search
- Madison, James (1751–1836); and J. Henry’s mission search
- Madison, James (1751–1836); messages to Congress search
- newspapers; Baltimore Niles’ Weekly Register search
- newspapers; subscriptions to, by TJ search
- Niles, Hezekiah; and Niles’ Weekly Register search
- Niles, Hezekiah; letters from search
- Niles’ Weekly Register (Baltimore newspaper) search
- subscriptions, for publications; newspapers search