To Hezekiah Niles
Monticello June 26. 15.
Having occasion lately to refresh my memory on the case of Henry the British agent, I was referred by the Index of your 2d volume to page 45. and turning to that part found the No 29, containing it to be missing. this had escaped me when I wrote my letters both of Oct. 29. 13 and March last, and I suppose it escaped me by my having the Supplement of No 29. and not observing that it was only the supplement. if therefore you can favor me with the No 29. of vol. 2. dated Mar. 21. 1812. I trust my collection will be compleat.
RC (MdHi: Vertical Files); addressed: “Mr H. Niles Baltimore”; frank clipped; postmarked Charlottesville, 28 June. PoC (DLC); on verso of reused address cover of RC of Tadeusz Kosciuszko to TJ, [14 Mar. 1815]; mutilated at fold; endorsed by TJ.
- Baltimore, Md.; newspapers search
- Henry, John; mission of search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; and newspaper subscriptions search
- newspapers; Baltimore Niles’ Weekly Register search
- newspapers; subscriptions to, by TJ search
- Niles, Hezekiah; and Niles’ Weekly Register search
- Niles, Hezekiah; letters to search
- Niles’ Weekly Register (Baltimore newspaper) search
- subscriptions, for publications; newspapers search