From Archibald Robertson
Lynchburg 23rd may 1815
I am glad you have found a memo of the bond executed by Griffin & hope on your return home you will find the accounts all right—
RC (ViU: TJP); endorsed by TJ as received 23 May 1815 and so recorded in SJL.
TJ’s letter of yesterday, 22 May 1815, is not recorded in SJL and has not been found. Jeremiah A. goodman was to use the $60 to pay for a horse purchased from a Mr. Cobb (MB description begins James A. Bear Jr. and Lucia C. Stanton, eds., Jefferson’s Memorandum Books: Accounts, with Legal Records and Miscellany, 1767–1826, 1997, The Papers of Thomas Jefferson, Second Series description ends , 2:1309).
- Cobb, Mr.; TJ purchases horse from search
- Goodman, Jeremiah Augustus; as Poplar Forest overseer search
- Griffin, Burgess; and TJ’s bond search
- Griffin, Burgess; TJ’s debt to search
- horses; TJ purchases search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; debt to B. Griffin search
- Robertson, Archibald; agent for TJ search
- Robertson, Archibald; letters from search
- Robertson, Archibald; letters to accounted for search