To Joseph Milligan
Monticello Nov. 24. 14.
Your favor of the 16th was recieved on the 19th and I thank you for the trouble you have taken with my catalogue, and I have no doubt your enumeration is right, mine having been estimated by counting a few pages & taking them for an average. I am contented also with your estimate of price, if the committee should be so, or that they should send on valuers, fixing on your estimate as a maximum.
I write by this mail to Genl Duane for Tracy’s work
The box of books arrived two days ago in good order, and I am charged with the thanks of all the members of the family to you. Accept the assurance of my esteem & respect
PoC (DLC); at foot of text: “Mr Millegan”; endorsed by TJ.
- A Treatise on Political Economy (Destutt de Tracy) search
- books; sent by J. Milligan search
- Destutt de Tracy, Antoine Louis Claude; A Treatise on Political Economy search
- Duane, William; and Destutt de Tracy’s works search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; catalogue of search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Books & Library; works sent to search
- Library of Congress; and library committees of Congress search
- Library of Congress; TJ sells personal library to search
- Library of Congress; TJ’s catalogue of books sold to search
- Milligan, Joseph; and catalogue of TJ’s books search
- Milligan, Joseph; and Destutt de Tracy’s Treatise on Political Economy search
- Milligan, Joseph; and sale of TJ’s library to Congress search
- Milligan, Joseph; letters to search
- Milligan, Joseph; sends books to TJ search
- political economy; works on search