To Bradford & Inskeep
Monticello Aug. 17. 14.
Messrs Bradford and Inskeep
Your favor of Apr. 7. was recieved Apr. 22. the books never got to hand, or were heard of by me till the day before yesterday. I deferred remitting the amount in the hope of acknoleging their reciept at the same time. having to make a remittance to mr Dufief, bookseller in Philadelphia, I have included in it 68. D 75 C for you, for which I must ask the favor of you to call on him within a few days after your reciept of this, by which time it will have got to hand from messrs Gibson and Jefferson of Richmond my correspondents. accept my thanks for the extra copy sent me and assurances of my respect
PoC (MHi); on verso of reused address cover of George Greer to TJ, 9 Aug. 1814; endorsed by TJ.
- Biddle, Nicholas; History of the Expedition under the command of Captains Lewis and Clark search
- Bradford & Inskeep (Philadelphia firm); and history of Lewis and Clark Expedition search
- Bradford & Inskeep (Philadelphia firm); letters to search
- Bradford & Inskeep (Philadelphia firm); TJ pays search
- Dufief, Nicolas Gouin; TJ pays search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); payments made for TJ search
- History of the Expedition under the command of Captains Lewis and Clark (N. Biddle) search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; account with N. G. Dufief search
- Lewis and Clark Expedition; publication of journals search