From Patrick Gibson
Richmond 7th July 1814
I am favor’d with your two letters, of the 22d ulto from Poplar Forest, and of the 1st Inst from Monticello upon receipt of the former I endeavour’d to make sale of your flour at 4$ but could not succeed—I am not certain that I could obtain even $3½ but think it probable, in the event of my not receiving instructions from you to the contrary I shall dispose of it for what it will bring—I remitted Mr A Robertson $240 as you directed and now inclose your $175. as requested in your last— with great respect I am
RC (MHi); between dateline and salutation: “Thomas Jefferson Esqre”; endorsed by TJ as received 8 July 1814 and so recorded in SJL.
TJ’s missing letter of the 1st inst to Gibson & Jefferson is recorded in SJL.
- flour; price of search
- flour; sale of search
- Gibson, Patrick; and payments to TJ search
- Gibson, Patrick; and TJ’s flour search
- Gibson, Patrick; letters from search
- Gibson, Patrick; payments made for TJ search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); letters to accounted for search
- Monticello (TJ’s estate); flour from search
- Poplar Forest (TJ’s Bedford Co. estate); TJ visits search
- Richmond, Va.; flour prices at search
- Robertson, Archibald; TJ pays search