To Archibald Robertson
Poplar Forest June 22. 14.
Having some plantation debts to discharge here amounting to about 240.D. I have this day written to mr Gibson to remit that sum and believing it would come safer under your address than if inclosed to mr Goodman directly, I have taken the liberty of desiring mr Gibson to inclose it to you, & have to ask the favor of you to recieve, and pay it when recieved1 to the order of Jeremiah A. Goodman. be pleased to send me by the bearer 2. loaves of sugar, and accept the assurances of my esteem & respect.
PoC (ViU: TJP); at foot of text: “Mr Archibald Robinson”; endorsed by TJ as a letter to Archibald Robertson and so recorded in SJL.
1. Preceding two words interlined.
- Gibson, Patrick; payments made for TJ search
- Goodman, Jeremiah Augustus; TJ pays search
- Poplar Forest (TJ’s Bedford Co. estate); TJ visits search
- Robertson, Archibald; agent for TJ search
- Robertson, Archibald; letters to search
- Robertson, Archibald; TJ orders groceries from search
- sugar; TJ orders search