From Patrick Gibson
Richmond 8th February 1814—
I send you by Mr Johnson such parts of the nail rod mention’d in your letter of the 26th Ulto as I have been able to procure together with the Corks & powder as pr Memn at foot—nothing has been doing in Flour since I wrote you last, the price is nominally 4½$— With great respect I am
RC (ViU: TJP-ER); in Gibson’s hand, with two calculations in TJ’s hand; at head of text: “Thomas Jefferson Esqre”; endorsed by TJ as received 15 Feb. 1814 and so recorded (as a letter from Gibson & Jefferson) in SJL.
1. Remainder of line added by TJ.
2. Remainder of line added by TJ.
3. Reworked from “.25.”
4. Reworked from “$63.—.”
- Adams, Samuel G.; merchant search
- Brown, James, Jr. (of Richmond); and gunpowder search
- corks; sent to TJ search
- Dick, J. & J. (firm); and corks search
- flour; price of search
- Gibson, Patrick; and goods for TJ search
- Gibson, Patrick; and nailrod for TJ search
- Gibson, Patrick; and TJ’s flour search
- Gibson, Patrick; letters from search
- gunpowder; sent to TJ search
- household articles; corks search
- Johnson, William (waterman); transports goods from Richmond search
- naileries; nailrod and iron stock search