To John Staples
Monticello Jan. 25. 14.
Understanding that you are the agent for disposing of mr Oliver Evans’s patent screws for crushing the ear of corn, cob & all for grinding in a mill, I have to ask the favor of you to deliver one for me to mr William Johnson, a waterman of Milton, who will apply to you for it about a week hence. Mr Gibson will be so good as to pay you the price on presenting him this letter.
Accept the assurance of my esteem and respect
PoC (MHi); at foot of text: “Mr John Staples”; endorsed by TJ.
- corn; and O. Evans’s patent mill screws search
- Evans, Oliver; machinery of patented search
- Evans, Oliver; sells milling screws search
- Gibson, Patrick; payments made for TJ search
- Johnson, William (waterman); transports goods from Richmond search
- machines; O. Evans’s patent machinery search
- mills; screws for search
- patents; of O. Evans search
- Staples, John; as patent agent search
- Staples, John; letters to search