To Gales & Seaton
Monticello Oct. 20. 13
Messrs Gale and Seaton
I duly recieved your favor inclosing my account. on turning to my papers I found my last account with mr Saml H. Smith, agreeing with yours in the result, altho’ not in the particulars. I send you a copy of it merely that these last may be understood. I have no doubt the result of both is right as they agree. I therefore some time ago desired the house of Gibson & Jefferson, in Richmond my correspondents to remit you the balance 25.D. if you have any person who recieves for you in Richmond I will give him a standing order to recieve the price of the paper of that house annually and to a day. Accept the assurances of my respect.
SC (DLC); endorsed by TJ.
TJ’s last account with Samuel H. Smith, enclosed herein, has not been found.
- Gales & Seaton (Washington firm); and the National Intelligencer search
- Gales & Seaton (Washington firm); letters to search
- Gibson & Jefferson (Richmond firm); payments made for TJ search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; Account with National Intelligencer search
- National Intelligencer (Washington newspaper); TJ subscribes to search
- National Intelligencer (Washington newspaper); TJ’s account with search
- newspapers; subscriptions to, by TJ search
- Smith, Samuel Harrison; TJ’s account with search
- subscriptions, for publications; newspapers search