To Isaac Doolittle
Monticello Sep. 18. 13.
I thank you for your care of the two letters from France which you have been so kind as to forward me. the Eloge historique de François Peron from mr Barnet came safely to hand, and I am only waiting a safe conveyance for the return of my thanks to him, as also for transmission of1 a book which M. Dupont desires me to send him. with my thanks be pleased to accept the assurance of my respect.
PoC (MHi); at foot of text: “Mr I. Doolittle”; endorsed by TJ.
1. Preceding two words interlined.
- Alard, Marie Joseph Louis Jean François Antoine; Éloge historique de François Péron search
- Barnet, Isaac Cox; sends books to TJ search
- books; biographical search
- Commentary and Review of Montesquieu’s Spirit of Laws (Destutt de Tracy); and P. S. Du Pont de Nemours search
- Destutt de Tracy, Antoine Louis Claude; Commentary and Review of Montesquieu’s Spirit of Laws search
- Doolittle, Isaac; carries letters from Europe search
- Doolittle, Isaac; letters to search
- Du Pont de Nemours, Pierre Samuel; and Destutt de Tracy’s commentary on Montesquieu search
- Éloge historique de François Péron (Alard) search