To Francis Smith
Monticello Aug. 17. 13.
Your favor of the 12th is recieved. I inclosed to mr Minor about a fortnight ago, an order on Richmond for a sum of money for the paiment of some particular debts due from mr Marks’s estate, of which he had sent me a list. yours of ten dollars was one of these, and I have no doubt as soon as he has had time to draw the money from thence, you will recieve your debt. accept the assurance of my respects.
PoC (MHi); at foot of text: “Mr Francis Smith”; endorsed by TJ.
SJL records a missing letter from TJ to Minor of 31 July 1813 that probably covered this order.
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; and H. Marks’s estate search
- Marks, Hastings (TJ’s brother-in-law; Anne Scott Jefferson Marks’s husband); estate of search
- Minor, Lancelot; and H. Marks’s estate search
- Minor, Lancelot; letters to accounted for search
- Smith, Francis; and H. Marks’s estate search
- Smith, Francis; letters to search