To David Higginbotham
Aug. 8. 13.
Th:J. to mr Higgenbothem
Mr Gamble writes to me to know if I have any evidence that there is a Common on the N.W. side of the lot I sold you in Richmd & which he says he has bought. I had no information of that but from James Buchanan, and I presume I gave you his letters & plat Colo Byrd’s letter, & the rough copy of Carter’s deed to me.
did you give these to mr Gamble? if not, be so good as to send them to me, & I will forward them to him retaining copies.
RC (ViU: TJP); dateline at foot of text; addressed: “Mr Higgenbotham.” Not recorded in SJL.
A missing letter of 8 Aug. 1813 from Higginbotham to TJ is recorded in SJL as received the same day.
- Buchanan, James; and TJ’s Richmond lot search
- Byrd, William (1728–77); TJ purchases lot from search
- Carter, Charles search
- Gamble, John Grattan; Richmond lot sold to search
- Higginbotham, David; letters from accounted for search
- Higginbotham, David; letters to search
- Higginbotham, David; purchases Richmond lot from TJ search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; sells Richmond lot search
- Richmond, Va.; TJ’s lot in search