From Isaac A. Coles
Fredericksburg Aug. 6h 1813.
This will be handed you by mr Gerry, the Son of your old Acquaintance & friend the Vice President—
Being on a visit to his relations in Pittsylvania, & being desirous of taking Monticello in his route, I cannot resist the desire of introducing him to your acquaintance and civility—
I have been for some weeks in daily expectation of an order to go on to Fort George—it has now been so long delayed that I almost dispair of active employment this fall
with the sincerest and most respectful attachmt,
I. A. Coles
RC (DLC); at foot of text: “Thomas Jefferson”; endorsed by TJ as received 11 Aug. 1813 and so recorded in SJL.
- Coles, Isaac A.; and War of1812 search
- Coles, Isaac A.; introduces E. Gerry (1793–1867) search
- Coles, Isaac A.; letters from search
- Gerry, Elbridge (1744–1814); family of search
- Gerry, Elbridge (1793–1867); extended family of search
- Gerry, Elbridge (1793–1867); introduced to TJ search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Correspondence; letters of introduction to search