From Dabney Carr
Winchester. July 8th 1813.
The inclosed Deed was this moment delivered to me by mr Randolph, with a request, that I would forward it to you: I do so without loss of time, as I know that you are anxious to receive it, & to close the business to which it relates. you will see that it has been reacknowledged by mr R. & ordered to be certified from this County—this was done at the last County Court—It is very well that this has not been delayed longer; for mr R is so low, that it seems to me impossible for him to last much longer—yet he is still carried about.
my Court is sitting, & the business pressing heavily upon, which must be my apology for this hasty note
RC (ViU: TJP-CC); endorsed by TJ as received 20 July 1813 and so recorded in SJL. Enclosure: Conveyance of Lots in Richmond from Philip Mazzei to Thomas Taylor, 17 May 1813, enclosed in TJ to Edmund Randolph, 17 May 1813.
- Carr, Dabney (1773–1837) (TJ’s nephew); and P. Mazzei’s Richmond property search
- Carr, Dabney (1773–1837) (TJ’s nephew); letters from search
- Jefferson, Thomas; Business & Financial Affairs; and P. Mazzei’s property search
- Mazzei, Philip; Richmond property of search
- Randolph, Edmund; and P. Mazzei’s property search
- Randolph, Edmund; health of search
- Richmond, Va.; P. Mazzei’s property in search
- Superior Court of Chancery for the Winchester District search
- Winchester, Va.; chancery court at search