To James Walker
Monticello May 22. 13.
I recieved your former favor stating the prices of mill work, and finding that mr Brown’s bill was considerably different, I proposed to him to refer the bill to you, and to ask the favor of you to come and see the work and settle the prices between us. this favor I have now to ask of you, and shall very gladly pay you for your time whatever you think proper. if you could name the day that would suit you, towards the latter part of next week, it would give me time to notify him, and would be in time for my journey to Bedford which I am to take the week following. your doing us this favor and giving me an answer by the bearer will much oblige me. accept my best wishes & respects.
PoC (DLC); at foot of text: “Mr James Walker”; endorsed by TJ.
A missing letter from TJ to Walker of 8 Aug. 1814 is recorded in SJL.
- Brown, John (millwright); and sawmill construction search
- Monticello (TJ’s estate); sawmill at search
- Poplar Forest (TJ’s Bedford Co. estate); TJ plans visit to search
- sawmill; at Monticello search
- Walker, James; and mill construction search
- Walker, James; letters to search
- Walker, James; letters to accounted for search